Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Bait

How many cats can you spot?


Done at last!! 

I would say this is technically my "first" full on illustration with environment and characters. I got a bit too excited and neglected some important steps that would've made my life a lot easier...as a result this piece took WAY longer to finish than it should have. I was erasing, redrawing, removing overly done details, simplifying etc. but this could have all been avoided if I had just slowed down in the earlier stages to really build and secure the  "foundation" of the piece.

Worked on this with the mentality of deleting it afterwards...working this way relieved me from all the restraints and pressure I felt previously. I was getting way too caught up with the technical side of drawing that I've almost forgotten how to enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment