Saturday, May 2, 2015

Golden Days




Close Up

Finished this one a few weeks ago! Been posting on tumblr but there's still something nice about blogspot although nobody uses it anymore. Maybe its because I've always been into this old school style blogging (like back in my xanga days) so I feel more comfortable sharing things in detail here.

Anyways, I was stuck on a complex piece so I decided to take a break from it and worked on something simple and minimalist. I was actually inspired by a few a simple photographs with gorgeous lighting so I decided to illustrate it with a little story I envisioned on my mind.

I realized that minimalist drawings are actually very challenging since most of us tend to naturally over-draw. It requires an eye for design and definitely some very strong foundational and technical skills to be able to strip everything away while knowing what to keep. Although this piece looks simple, I struggled quite a bit when it came to questioning myself what to keep and what to eliminate. Overall, im not sure if the feeling of the piece translated as well as I had envision but I got to a point where I knew I should stop. Maybe I will rework it in the future but here it is for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment