Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Concept Design class...

IS AWESOME! I'm learning a ton of amazing new techniques, especially in digital painting which I was  really horrible at. I find it way harder to control a tablet than a paintbrush or pen...it's a little frustrating, but the process is becoming more enjoyable because im finally getting somewhat satisfied results. I love how freely I can work without worrying about making that mark-of-no-return. I'm still better at mixing and matching colors with physical mediums, on the computer I tend to make my colors look too muddy.

Anyway, here's what I've been up to...

This is an apple digital painting practice based on Dice Tsutsumi's great tutorial (he did a lot of amazing digital concept pieces for Toy Story 3). Took about 45 minutes total.






























Thumbnail sketches and final design in different views. Assignment was to design a musical instrument for World of Warcraft. My instructor opted for a simpler design since we're all kind of noob at digital painting =P




















Very quick practice in digital matte painting class to distinct background, foreground and middle ground elements. Ahh tangents everywhere!! I worked too slow and wasn't able to get anywhere near finished haha. My first time working with environment sketches this way but it was fun.



























Warm-up assignment in digital matte painting. We had to fill in the rest of the drawing with our own ideas. Would've added a lot more if we had more time, but it was just a quick warm-up.


Oh and update on Ikea X Ai competition, I made it to top 20 so I will be getting a dresser to dress up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment