Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Werewolf Boy

...is currently one of the most popular movies in Korea. I've been wanting to watch this but I have to wait till somebody sub and streams it. I looked at the movie posters and though they were extremely well done...plus, I haven't done any portrait drawings in a long time. I learned a lot of new digital painting techniques in class so I was able to put them to good use. These were supposed to be quick paintings but the first one took longer than I'd expected. I print screened some progress shots.



This was already pretty finished value-wise...but I wanted to take it a few steps further.




















I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to capture his expression that well (probably because I overdid the values). He ended up looking more fierce and less vulnerable/innocent than the original. I'm not sure how long this painting took, I was working on it while doing a million other things at once. I didn't pay much attention to the hair or areas under his face. On a lighter monitor, you can slightly see the other side of his face but my monitor is dark so I didn't bother.






























Unfinished piece I started working on last night. I'll be paying more attention to the hair for this piece. Will update this entry when the piece is finished. I might also go back and fix the first one.


11/10 Update! Finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment