Thursday, December 13, 2012

More 3d stuff

I'm almost done with the term...it's been a ridiculous two weeks and I'm happy to be able to get normal sleep again. This term was by far one of the most intense terms I've had (although im sure it will be worse in the future). I loved and enjoyed almost all of my classes, but I've been pretty disappointed in myself throughout the whole term. I felt like I wasn't able to do as well as I'd thought I would. I feel a bit hopeless when I look at industry standard work and realize how far behind I am. Art is definitely an endless journey of hard work, dedication, and new discoveries. I don't think anyone can ever reach the 'top' as it doesn't even exist. If there is anything I discovered within these two years, it is that I will never be good enough and I should never think I am. Well guess its time to keep climbing.

I'll be updating again later with other works, right now I'm still iffy about them so im not in the mood to post them up. For now, I'll post some of models I've been working on this term. I'm proud to say I no longer fear Maya (well for modeling and rendering anyways). I've definitely become a lot more comfortable with modeling although im still nowhere near great.















I've posted this one up before, but I re-rendered it using a new method which turned out a lot better. I'm not sure what happened to the shadow but oh well.


















One of our project was to model something assigned by our instructor. .I was assigned to model a Hobart meat slicer. The annoying thing about this project was that almost every meat slicer was different (even though they are the same exact model number). For some pictures, due to angles, I could only see part of the pieces.

















For our final assignment we had to design our own Lego figure. It must be something that hasn't been released by Lego yet. My original idea was to design a set of Disney's villain characters, but I really wanted to model some weapons so I went with Final Fantasy XIII (Noctis and Lightning). The hair was probably the biggest challenge...as well as the hole behind the lego's leg (which you cant see in these renders)

Based on this picture. (Lightning is the best female game character ever designed imo)

No comments:

Post a Comment