Sunday, May 10, 2015

Super Mom!

Had this idea in mind and finally decided to tackle it for Mothers Day. It was definitely a challenge cause I had to step out of my comfort zone and try something different from my usual (simple) works. It's my first time painting an interior environment so it was hard for me to decide on what palette I wanted. My original intent was to do a night scene which would've fit the story better, but that would require a cooler palette. I wanted something warmer so... morning it is! Tried not to overwhelm myself with technical details but at the same time I didn't want things to look "off". The struggle was real with this piece and it made me realize I still need a lot of practice when it comes to painting!

On the bright side, I've signed up for Schoolism's subscription and can't wait to start it!! I totally miss learning with some sort of guidance since I've been feeling a bit lost about advancing my skills after graduation. I'm trying to push myself to step out of my comfort zone but it's hard without some sort of guidance...



Originally intended to save a desaturated version just to show my values but then I thought it would be fun to keep the outfit colorized.

No comments:

Post a Comment